PEIFVPS 2023 Annual Financial Campaign is now live!
Please support our goal of $100,000.
This year’s campaign highlights wraparound care for families. A program where every family member is uniquely supported, with family unity as the goal. An innovative approach for families that want to remain intact under a new, healthy dynamic.
What’s going well?
We’re generously supported with core funding from the Government of PEI. This allows us to provide services provincially.
Here are a few things we’ve been working on over the past year:
- A partnership with UPEI’s Doctor of Psychology program, providing clients with new options for clinical services. The work gives these emerging professionals a good foundation in working with trauma.
- We continue to develop how we will deliver services to children and youth. Feedback from service providers is that this is greatly needed.
- Strong collaboration between youth support staff and outreach coordinators, resulting in well-rounded and coordinated family care.
- The growth of our established partnership with Holland College’s Child and Youth Care Worker Program. A PEIFVPS staff member now sits on the advisory board to participate in further program development.
Why do we need support?
While we are grateful for both the public and private support that we receive, there is still work to be done and gaps to be filled to assist entire family units.
We’re proud of our services, including our recently implemented services for men, but more support is needed for work in complex cases.
Traditionally, children tend to be an afterthought when it comes to family violence work. It is crucial to provide children with the support they need, as they soon will grow into adults with relationships of their own. In order to stop the cycle of violence, intervention is needed. Children can benefit from both support and education, creating long term change.
While the government covers about 70% of our operations, we still must raise about one third of our budget. Our Annual Financial Campaign raises a significant portion of that.
Donations from you can help us address these needs and round out our programming!
Donations can be made by:
- cheque or credit card by mail with the form below
- credit card by calling (902) 894-3354 ext. 221
- e-transfer to email@example.com (please make password PEIFVPS and be sure to include your email address in the notes)
- online at fvps.ca
DID YOU KNOW?
We served 358 families in the past year, including 375 children (57 children under age 2 and 301 children age 12 and under)
A message from our Executive Director:
We are wrapping up another successful year for our organization. We continue to develop and implement programming to meet the needs of families across the Island. It’s my pleasure to let you know some of the things we are doing.
With our addition of services for men, as well as youth, we have increasing opportunities to provide wraparound care for families. When a family has been impacted by violence, we have a service available for each member of the family. This is something that I am very passionate about. Many families report that they want to stay together, but they don’t have a roadmap for how to achieve a new, healthy family dynamic. Our programming aims to help each member of the family heal and live a life free from violence.
We have increased collaboration with other service providers doing complementary work with the families we serve. We have strengthened relationships with allied services and work together to ensure a family’s needs are met. We host or participate in case conferences with other services in order to address complex issues. Our clients benefit when the services involved work together in a coordinated way.
Finally, we are continuing to fine tune our presentations in Island high schools. We value the opportunity to talk to youth about healthy relationships, which is a key part of preventing violence. We appreciate being welcomed into the schools and will continue to deliver this valuable information to Island students.
Our mission is to end family violence in our province through programs designed to create safer, more peaceful families. This work is only possible with community support like yours. Please support our annual financial campaign. All funds raised go directly to programming to end violence in our province.
Thank you and Happy Holidays,